Rehabilitation and Return to Work Coordinator - 1 Day
This course applies to Employer Groups who require a trained employee to manage their existing and/or to implement a new rehabilitation and return to work program within their organisation. The course is also intended for individuals who want to develop new skills, or upgrade their current skills and understanding to effectively manage a rehabilitation program within a workplace.
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are: • Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments. • Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
This course is designed to provide a basic introduction into the management of claims and address the necessary skills and knowledge to establish and/or maintain a system for managing the rehabilitation and early return to work, of injured workers at the workplace. The course is divided into two parts, the first part consisting of key definitions, terms and obligations as they apply to rehabilitation within a workplace, under current legislative requirements. The second part of the course focuses on the student’s ability to assist with the management of workers compensation and return-to-work claims and processes, providing the students with a variety of opportunities to discuss a wide range of cases, use the legislation and then apply it to a range of situations. This part is accredited training and applies to “Assist with Claims Management, Rehabilitation and Return to Work Programs BSBWHS407”; which is elective unit of BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
This course is not aimed at employees of Category 1 employers in NSW who are wanting to work as a return to work coordinator or existing return to work coordinators wanting to advance their skills, you need to attend the two-day SIRA approved course (Return to Work Coordination – Introduction)
The course content covers:
- Legislation to assist the Employer towards implementation and maintenance of a rehabilitation and return to work program.
- Coordinating the development of a policy, procedures and specific documents, to manage workplace rehabilitation within the workplace.
- Promoting and raising awareness of workplace rehabilitation within their own workplace.
- Identifying the practical steps and required administrative processes, following the workplace injury of a worker and towards their early return to work.
- Establishing a suitable duties plan and liaise with relevant key stakeholders (medical practitioners, direct supervisors/manager, the injured worker and Workers Compensation Insurer) which meet the needs of the injured worker.
Unit of Competency
BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management rehabilitation and return-to- work programs
Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance for completing the face to face course. Upon successful completion of the post course assignment within 3 months of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management rehabilitation and return-to- work programs.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.