Assist with Responding to Incidents
This course applies to individuals who contribute to identifying the actions and activities required for incident response appropriate to their own job role and work area as part of their WHS responsibilities.
Language and Literacy requirements for the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
This course addresses the skills and knowledge required to assist with the actions and activities performed in response to incidents.
The course content covers:
- Legislative and workplace requirements for responding to incidents.
- Initial incident response procedures.
- Notify, report and document incidents in accordance with legislative and workplace requirements.
- Collect information from relevant parties involved in the incident.
- Assist with incident investigations.
- Communicate and implement recommendations resulting from incident investigations.
Unit of Competency
BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
Students will receive a Certificate of Attendance for completing the face to face course. Upon successful completion of the post course assignment within 3 months of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.