Health and Safety Representatives Refresher (WorkSafe ACT Approved)
This course is for Elected Health and Safety Representatives (HSR) and Elected Deputy Health and Safety Representatives (Deputy HSR) under the WHS Act 2011 who have completed the initial 5 day course (or the Bridging course as the transitional provision of the WHS Regulation).
Participants must have previously completed the 5 day initial training course (or the Bridging course as the transitional provision of the WHS Regulation).
The purpose of this course is to revitalise the knowledge and skills to enable you to continue to exercise your powers for the purpose of promoting and ensuring the health and safety at work of members of your work group.
The course content covers:
- Updates and revision of WHS legislation, including Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- WHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
- Key parties, legislative obligations and duties.
- The role, function and powers of a health and safety representative.
- Undertaking the role of a health and safety representative within their work group including: participation in the resolution of work health and safety issues, issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices and directing cessation of unsafe work.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Upon successful completion, participants will be issued with a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.