Issue Work Permits
This competency applies to students who are required to issue appropriate permits to work to persons conducting a variety of activities in workplace environments in which hazards exist or specific procedures need to followed and monitored to protect the safety of personnel and the integrity of plant or process.
MSMWHS201 Conduct Hazard Analysis – delivered as part of the course
This competency unit addresses the need for students who issue work permits to understand the permit system, know the limitations of each permit and make decisions regarding the need for and correct use of each permit. This competency unit includes the issue of any and all permits. It applies to the issuing of permits covering a single plant or plant area such as might be an operators scope of responsibility.
- Permit Legislative Requirements
- Completing a review of the scope of work
- Selecting the most appropriate permit for the work task
- Liaising with the work team to review the JSA/Risk Assessment & document hazard controls on the work permit
- Isolation procedures
- Determining the appropriate conditions for the permit
- Raising, authorising & issuing the necessary permit
- Monitoring compliance with permit conditions and the JSA/Risk Assessment
- Reporting any indiscretions or violations of permit conditions as required
- Managing the permit process, e.g. extensions, handovers, changes etc.
- Signing off work permits n completion of work
- Ensuring that workplace procedures are complied with for the entire permit process
Units of Competency
RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
MSMPER300 Issue work permits
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace and written or oral questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate a workplace.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.