Work Safely at Heights
Work Safely at Heights course is designed for students who could be required to undertake routine procedures involving working at height. The course is designed to expose students who work at height to a broad range of height risk situations and to correctly implement a safe working procedure. The successful student will be competent to work at height using applicable fall protective equipment.
Fitness to Participate declaration, participants must be physically capable of wearing a harness and climbing a ladder safely, maintaining 3 points of contact.
Long sleeves and long pants, Appropriate safety footwear
Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to complete the course.
This unit covers working safely at heights in resources and infrastructure industries. It includes: identifying the work requirements, work procedures and instructions for the task; accessing and installing equipment; performing work at heights; and cleaning up the work area.
The following items are covered during the conduct of the training:
- WH&S Legislation, Height Safety Regulations, Codes Of Practice & Australian Standards
- Correct use of Height Safety Equipment
- Elevated Working Platforms & Scaffolds
- Case Studies from industry
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Management & Employee responsibilities
- Fall Arrest Devices & Safety Equipment
- Safe Ladder Techniques
- Equipment Inspection & Maintenance requirements
- Setting up a fall restraint system
- Emergency Procedures including Height Rescue Procedures
- Suspension Trauma
- Developing Site Procedures & Safe Work Methods
CITB Funding SA courses only (Total cost with valid membership is $215.00). To enrol into a CITB funded course, please contact the SA Training Coordinator on 1800 655 510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unit of Competency
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment and written questions as appropriate. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material, practical desktop activities and discussion. Practical components using height safety equipment in a range of work simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.