GWO - Safe Work at Heights Refresher
Our nationally accredited height safety training course is designed for persons who are required to work at height. The course is designed to expose students who work at height to a broad range of height risk situations and to correctly implement a safe working procedure. The successful student will be competent to work at height using applicable fall protective equipment.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate Winda ID - www.globalwindsafety.org
The aim of the course is to provide the participants with the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic fall protective equipment, to perform safe work and to conduct safe and basic rescue from heights at 6.7m which is approved according to the GWO Basic Safety Training module Working at Heights. On completion of this course, the delegate is considered competent to conduct work at heights at GWO accredited companies or sites. Course Trainer to Student Ratio 1 Trainer | Max 4 Student 2 Trainer | Max 8 Student 3 Trainer | Max 12 Student
The following items are covered during the conduct of the training:
- WH&S Legislation, Height Safety Regulations, Codes Of Practice & Australian Standards
- Correct use of Height Safety Equipment
- Elevated Working Platforms & Scaffolds
- Case Studies from industry
- Risk Assessment & Hierarchy of Hazard Control
- Management & Employee responsibilities
- Fall Arrest Devices & Safety Equipment
- Safe Ladder Techniques
- Equipment Inspection & Maintenance requirements
- Setting up a fall restraint system
- Emergency Procedures including Height Rescue Procedures
- Suspension Trauma
- Developing Site Procedures & Safe Work Methods
Unit of Competency
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate the work environment and written questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material, practical desktop activities and discussion. Practical components using height safety equipment in a range of work simulated scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.