GWO - Fire Awareness
This course is designed for students who may be required to respond to workplace emergencies, which may include such incidents as a small fire that can be controlled using a nearby fire extinguisher.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate Winda ID - www.globalwindsafety.org
The aim of the course is to provide the participants with the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic fire extinguishers which are approved according to the GWO Standard by Fire and Safety Australia in accordance to GWO Module Basic Training Module Fire Awareness. On completion of this course, the delegate is considered competent to use a fire extinguisher and fire blanket usage at GWO accredited companies or sites. Course Trainer to Student Ratio 1 Trainer | Max 6 Student 2 Trainer | Max 12 Student
The following items are covered during the conduct of the training:
- Actions to be followed when initial response action is not safe
- Appropriate initial response equipment
- Facilities that may be used to confine emergencies
- Hazards involved with initial response equipment
- Implications of the incorrect use of equipment
- Limitations of initial response equipment
- Limitations of use of emergency control equipment or facilities
- Methods of extinguishment
- Safe use of initial response equipment
- Situations that must not be responded to because or risk
- Types of emergencies
- Workplace procedures
Unit of Competency
PUAFER008 Confine small emergencies in a facility
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace incident and written or oral questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate workplace incidents relating to fire.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.