Fire Extinguisher / Fire Warden
Our combined Fire Extinguisher and Fire Warden Course will ensure that all of your employees are suitably trained in the safe use of portable Fire Extinguishers, Fire Hose Reels and Fire Blankets as well as duties and responsibilities of Fire Warden as described in Australian Standard AS3745-2010 Planning for emergencies in facilities.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate
This training course includes both a theory and a practical component to ensure that your employees can safely handle workplace emergencies. From attending to small workplace emergency up to the level of training required to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of a Fire Warden. Note: participants can attend one or all of the courses mentioned above on the day of training.
Specific skills are required to achieve the performance criteria in this course these are as follows:
- Fire Tetrahedron
- Raising the alarm
- Fire Safety & Evacuation
- Classes of Fire
- Types of Fire Extinguishers
- Safety procedures when fighting fires
- Firefighting Tactics
- Practical Fire Extinguisher, Fire Blanket & Fire Hose Reel scenario
- Fire Warden Legal & Regulatory Requirements
- Australian Standard 3745-2010 Requirements
- Investigating the Fire/Alarm/Incident
- Raising the alarm
- Emergencies that may require evacuation
- Bomb Threat Procedures
- Fire Warden Training Requirements
- Building Fire Safety
- Fire Wardens procedures & responsibilities
- Fire Warden Identification
- Types of Evacuation
- Building Fire Alarms & Communications Systems
- Developing Evacuation plans & procedures
- Emergency Coordination
- Human Behaviour in emergencies
- Post-Evacuation Activities
- Practical Fire Warden & Evacuation scenarios & walkaround
Units of Competency
PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies
PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace incident and written or oral questions as appropriate. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate workplace incidents relating to fire.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.