Fire Extinguisher / Fire Warden / Chief Fire Warden
Our combined Fire Extinguisher/Fire Warden and Chief Fire Warden Course will ensure that all of your employees are suitably trained in the safe use of portable Fire Extinguishers, Fire Hose Reels and Fire Blankets as well as duties and responsibilities of Fire Warden and/ or Chief Fire Warden as described in Australian Standard AS3745-2010 Planning for emergencies in facilities.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate Enclosed shoes & long pants
This training course includes both a theory and a practical component to ensure that your employees can safely handle workplace emergencies. From attending to small workplace emergency up to the level of training required to fulfil the duties and responsibilities of a Chief Fire Warden. Note: participants can attend one or all of the courses mentioned above on the day of training.
Specific skills are required to achieve the performance criteria in this course these are as follows:
- Fire Tetrahedron
- Fire Safety & Evacuation
- Classes of Fire
- Types of Fire Extinguishers
- Safety procedures and methods of extinguishment
- Practical Session (portable Fire Extinguishers)
- Fire Warden Legal & Regulatory Requirements
- Australian Standard 3745-2010 Requirements
- Building Fire Safety
- Search patterns and Techniques
- Safety Officer & Team Leader Roles & Responsibilities
- Fire Wardens procedures & responsibilities
- Types of Evacuation including bomb threat procedure
- Building Fire Alarms & Communications Systems
- Developing Evacuation plans & procedures
- Emergency Co-ordination
- Human Behaviour in emergencies
- Post-Evacuation Activities
Units of Competency
PUAWER008B Confine small workplace emergencies
PUAWER006B Lead an emergency control organisation
PUAWER005B Operate as part of an emergency control organisation
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace incident and written or oral questions as appropriate. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate workplace incidents relating to fire.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.