Operate and Maintain a Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
The target group is any person who requires the complete range of knowledge and skills to operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle. The course consolidates knowledge and skills from basic level to specialist operations of a four wheel drive vehicle It includes applying specific terms, terminology and techniques of 4WD operations, environmental planning, 4WD vehicle inspections, recovery and 4WD vehicle operator maintenance.
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Numeracy is required to enable the determination of similar activities.
Participants must hold a current unrestricted Class C driver’s licence.
The course is designed for people who require a complete range of knowledge and skills to operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle.
- To demonstrate knowledge and requirements to apply specific terms, terminology and techniques of 4WD operations
- To demonstrate knowledge and skills for environmental planning
- To demonstrate the ability to operate a 4WD vehicle
- To demonstrate the ability to recover a vehicle
- To demonstrate the ability to complete minor maintenance on a 4WD vehicle
Units of Competency
RIIVEH305D Operate and maintain a four wheel drive vehicle
RIIVEH201D Operate light vehicle
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations. Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competency and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual driving conditions. Delivery will include trainer led presentations / demonstrations.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.