Enter Confined Space - 2 Days
Unique Student Identifier (USI) - www.usi.gov.au Fitness to participate
This competency applies to persons who are required to enter confined space, for maintenance purposes, for cleaning, inspection or other reasons. It is required by all persons who are required to enter a confined space, as defined by the standard AS2865 requires reassessment 'at appropriate intervals'. The industry regards reassessment on a two to three year cycle as good practice.
This unit includes:
- Preparing to enter the confined space
- Checking the preparations against the permit conditions
- Entering the confined space
Specific knowledge is required to achieve the Performance Criteria of this unit, this includes knowledge of the following:
- Access and interpret information relevant to specific tasks (eg labels, MSDSs hazchem signs)
- Access and apply hazard controls
- Identify changes to conditions which may lead to the permit being revoked before the job is completed
- Describe and/or explain hazards associated with tasks covered by the permit, types of tests required for the issue of work permits - the types of tests to include, atmospheric/oxygen/ breathability, flammability/explosivity, toxicity/TWA, temperature, humidity
- Interpret and respond to gas test/monitoring results/information.
- Identify a change in work conditions, possible new hazards and so the required hazard controls and obtain re validation of permit
- Implement hazard controls
CITB Funding SA Courses Only (Total cost with valid membership is $180.00 per person). To enrol into a CITB funded course, please contact the SA Training Coordinator on 1300 885 530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Units of Competency
RIIRIS201D Conduct local risk control
MSMPER205 Enter confined space
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
MSMPER300 Issue work permits
MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Students learning outcomes will be assessed using practical activities designed to simulate a workplace and written or oral questions as appropriate.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint presentations, including audio-visual material and practical activities that simulate a workplace.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.