Operate Breathing Apparatus - Open Circuit
This course is designed for students who are members of an emergency response team or service requiring the use of breathing apparatus.
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury (delivered during the conduct of the course)
The course targets the safe wearing and operation of breathing apparatus in a situation that can be physically stressful.
- Introduction to respiratory protection
- Physiology of respiratory protection
- When to wear protective equipment
- Types of respiratory protection
- Breathing apparatus safety
- Donning and Doffing
- Wearing drills
- Basic maintenance
- Communication systems
- Airline systems
- Entrapment procedures
- Search and rescue techniques
- Identification of typical hazards in the workplace
- Use of protective clothing and equipment
Units of Competency
PUAFIR215 Prevent injury
PUAFIR207B Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
Competence in this unit will be assessed by using breathing apparatus in scenarios and will involve theoretical assessment and / or targeted questioning.
Classroom theory via PowerPoint or the issued learner resource including use of audio-visual material and practical activities involving breathing apparatus.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.