This course is for personnel with roles and responsibilities in the area of incident investigation including supervisors/frontline managers, WHS personnel, engineering and maintenance staff, and WHS committee members.
Language and Literacy requirements for the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual
This unit of competency addresses the outcomes required to participate in the planning, conduct and reporting of investigations of incidents which have resulted in, or have a potential to result in, injury or damage. Situations may range from relatively minor through to major incidents.
The course content covers:
- Legislation that applies to incident investigation.
- Initial assessment of the situation.
- Developing an investigation plan.
- Collecting information and analyse data gathered to identify immediate and underlying causes and practical prevention measures.
- Compile and communicate investigation reports to suit the legal requirements.
Unit of Competency
BSBWHS505 Investigate WHS incidents
Upon successful completion of this course together with a post course assignment, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment in partial completion of the Diploma of Work Health and Safety BSB51315.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.