Health and Safety Representatives Initial OHS Training Course
This innovative 5 day HSR Training course is approved by WorkSafe Victoria and aims to supply Health & Safety Representatives (HSRs) with the information and skills required to successfully exercise their powers under the Victorian OH&S Act 2004 and Victorian OH&S Regulations 2017. Managers and supervisors or any other person with an interest in OHS may benefit from attending this course.
This program provides a practical focus on the role of the Health & Safety Representative and Deputy Health & Safety Representative, with an emphasis on achieving positive outcomes in the workplace. The course is delivered by experienced safety practitioners who bring significant value to achieving the learning outcomes.
The course content covers:
- Interpreting the OHS legislative framework and its relationship to the HSR.
- Identifying key parties and their legislative obligations and duties.
- Establishing representation in the workplace.
- Participating in consultation and issue resolution.
- Representing designated work group members in any OHS risk management process undertaken by the appropriate duty holder(s).
- Issuing Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) and directing cessation of work.
This course is delivered by NSCA.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued to participants on completion of course.
Unit of Competency
Certificate of Attendance will be issued to successful students on completion of course.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course. Participants must attend all 5 Days to receive a Certificate of Attendance.
Training will be delivered within a public training facility utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include instructor led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.