Operate Light Vehicle
The target group is any person that requires to operate a light vehicle within an operational environment. It includes: journey planning, operation of a light vehicle and carrying out operator maintenance.
Language, literacy and numeracy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Numeracy is required to enable the determination of similar activities.
Participants are required to hold a current unrestricted Class C driver’s licence, the ability to drive a manual vehicle and meet the national vision standards requirements for that states legislation, with or without corrective lenses.
The Operate Light Vehicle course is for people who will be responsible for operating a light vehicle in an operational role. The course includes planning and preparing for a journey, pre-start, start-up, shut-down procedures, operating a light vehicle over different terrains and completing minor maintenance on a light vehicle.
- To demonstrate knowledge of the requirements for planning a light vehicle journey
- To demonstrate knowledge and skills when operating a light vehicle
- To demonstrate the ability to complete minor maintenance on a light vehicle
Unit of Competency
RIIVEH201D Operate light vehicle
Assessment for this unit of competency will be by simulation of work place practices. Assessment will occur over a range of situations. Assessment will be conducted through actual demonstration of competency and written and oral testing of underpinning knowledge.
Training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Simulation will be based on actual driving conditions. Delivery will include trainer led presentations / demonstrations.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.