Enter and Work in Confined Spaces and Gas Test Atmospheres Refresher
This course is designed for any person who currently holds RIIWHS202D Enter & work in a confined spaces, MSAPMPER200C Work in accordance with an issued permit and MSAPMOHS217A Gas test atmospheres who requires ongoing refresher training as part of corporate governance.
To commence this course participants are required to previously hold the following qualifications:
- RIIWHS202D Enter & work in a confined spaces
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an Issued Permit
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
Language and literacy requirements from the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
- Participants are required to have the physical abilities to successfully complete the practical applications of the course.
The general purpose of this course is to refresh the participant’s knowledge and skills in the procedures and processes of entering a confined space as well as determining the working atmosphere is safe to do so.
The course content revises the participant on:
- The ability to plan & prepare for entering & working in confined spaces, including interpreting compliance documents, applying work instructions & obtaining authorisation (entry permits),
- The ability to enter & work in confined spaces, including gaining access, applying safety procedures, maintaining communications & complying with entry permit requirements,
- The ability to exit confined space according to procedures, recovering tools & equipment, removing tagging & lock-out, completing entry permit and site clean-up,
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge of the requirements, procedures and instructions for entering and working in confined spaces,
- The ability to demonstrate the implementation of requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion for entering and working in confined spaces,
- The ability to determine the type of gas / atmosphere to be tested,
- The ability to select & calibration of equipment, Demonstrated application of personal safety principles, identifying hazards & implementing hazard control measures,
- The ability to use & maintenance of atmospheric monitoring equipment and interpreting and reporting readings.
Units of Competency
MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
MSMWHS217 Gas test atmospheres
Reassessment will occur by actual demonstration of competency and written/oral testing of underpinning knowledge. Reassessment for these units is by simulation of work place practices.
Refresher training will be delivered utilising theory and practical activities. Delivery will include trainer led presentations / scenarios.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.