Lead an OHS/WHS Systems Audit
This course is designed for Internal (1st/2nd party) or external (3rd party) OHS/WHS auditors, supervisors, managers, OHS/WHS representatives; anyone involved in OHS/WHS audits who is considering becoming a certified OHS auditor for health and safety management systems.
Language and Literacy requirements for the course are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
NSCA is an Exemplar Global certified TPECS provider for the following Competency Units.
- AU Management Systems Auditing
- OH OHS Management Systems
- TL Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
This course provides the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out audits of an organisation's health and safety management systems against defined audit standards. Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to apply for registration as an Exemplar Global Registered Auditor for the following Provisional Auditor, OHS Auditor and OHS Lead Auditor dependent upon experience.
The course content covers:
- Types of audits undertaken by organisations.
- The scope of an OHS/WHS Management System audit.
- Key areas for evaluation of OHS/WHS Management Systems.
- The essential components of an audit on specific aspects of OHS/WHS Management Systems.
- Conducting OHS/WHS Management System audits.
- Written report presentation of the audits for presentation to management.
- Hazard analysis and control strategies for risks.
Successful completion of in-course activities, participation in practical onsite audit and final exam, will provide sufficient evidence for meeting course outcomes for the issue of a Certificate of Attainment for the OH, AU, and TL Competency Units.
The course will be presented by group discussion, classroom activities, action plan development, case studies, practical audit, and report writing and examination.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.