Dangerous Goods & Hazardous Substances
The unit is relevant for anyone working in the transport, warehousing, distribution and storage industries that may handle dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances.
Language and Literacy requirements for the unit are:
- Writing is required to the level of completing written assessments.
- Reading is required to enable the determination of information through the student manual.
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to handle dangerous goods and hazardous substances, including identifying requirements for working with dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances, confirming site incident procedures, selecting handling techniques, and handling and storing dangerous goods and hazardous substances.
The course content covers:
- Requirements for working with dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances
- Site incident procedures including incident reporting and emergency procedures
- Correct handling technique in accordance with identified requirements for particular goods
Upon successful completion of this course and formative assessment tasks participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
Please select your state so that courses on the site can be shown for your location.